Do You Have Sensitive Teeth?
Tooth sensitivity doesn’t really disappear. Instead, it’s more likely to come and go. Plus, everyone is different and a treatment that may work for one person, may have no effect on another. You’ll need proper diagnosis from your dentist to know the source of the sensitivity…and then go from there.
Some things that you can do at home that may help:
- Using toothpaste specific for sensitive teeth
- Spread a thin layer of desensitizing toothpaste on your exposed roots at bedtime
- Use a mouthwash containing fluoride
- Opt for a soft-bristled toothbrush
- Avoid highly acidic, very hot, or very cold foods
- Use a mouthguard if you have an issue with grinding your teeth
Some dental procedures that your dentist may want to implement:
- Surgical gum graft
- Root canal
Don’t allow the issue of sensitive teeth stress you out or feel overwhelming. Visit your dentist and have a chat about it to set your mind at ease and get headed in the right direction. For a dentist in Surrey, BC, come see us at Healthy Smiles Family Dentistry.
<< Previous post Next post >>