Kids Dentist in Surrey
What is Children’s Dentistry?
As a general dentist, Dr. Chohan is trained and experienced treating children. She has a gentle touch and inviting personality that children appreciate.
Who Needs Children’s Dentistry?
Kids should begin dental visits when the first tooth erupts, or by age one year. Every six months, bring your child in for a checkup. By age three or four, kids will need dental cleanings, as well. If your child complains of aching teeth, has an obvious cavity, chips or breaks a tooth, or dislodges a permanent tooth, call us for an appointment. Children’s dentist Dr. Chohan offers oral sedation and general anesthesia to keep children comfortable if complex treatment is required.
What to Expect at a Kids Dental Appointment
Our team loves children, and we’re prepared to keep your children entertained at our office. From cartoons on monitors in the treatment rooms to iPads available in the waiting room, we’ve thought of every detail to make dental visits comfortable for you and your children. Parents are encouraged to join their children in the treatment rooms, and Dr. Chohan will talk with you about teaching your kids proper oral health habits. As a parent, you may have questions about home care products, normal dental development, how to encourage thorough brushing and flossing, or the best diet for your kids. Dr. Chohan and our team will counsel you on all of these topics, and we will take time to answer all of your questions.
A first visit may involve a “ride” in the dental chair, while your child sits in your lap. Dr. Chohan will take a quick peek inside your child’s mouth at this appointment and let you know if she sees any issues that require treatment. A primary goal from early childhood visits is to gradually make your child feel comfortable at dental visits.
What to Expect Following Treatment
Your children’s oral health depends on you. Follow these tips, and call us if you have any questions:
- Wipe your infant’s gums with a soft, moist cloth each day
- Never allow your child to fall asleep with a bottle, unless the bottle contains water
- When a child’s first tooth erupts, begin twice-a-day brushing for two minutes per session
- When more than one tooth is present, floss daily
- Use a child’s sized toothbrush and un-fluoridated toothpaste until a child is three or four
- Attend dental visits with your child twice a year, or more often if you notice oral abnormalities
- Regulate sweets and starches in your child’s diet
- Inspect your child’s mouth daily, looking for any changes that may require professional assistance
- Children need parents to encourage brushing from childhood through teen years
Book an Appointment Now with Our Kids Dentist in Surrey Now!
Call us to book an appointment for a teeth cleaning and checkup for your kid(s) today. As a kid’s dentist in Surrey, we promise to make their experience as pleasant as possible to make them actually look forward to going to the dentist!
Our dental clinic serves kids from Surrey, Delta, White Rock, Langley, and surrounding communities.