Dental Care Tips For The Holiday Season
With the pandemic, the holidays will definitely be different this year. That said, many people will still be indulging in food and drink, just with fewer people around. In saying that, no matter what your plans are, it’s important to still prioritize your dental care and lower the risk of damaging your teeth.
Dental reminders for the holiday season:
- Sleep – With less commitments, vacation days, and working from home, you may be likely to sleep more, whether that be more naps or sleeping in. Always be sure to brush before you nod off so that you don’t have your teeth swirling in sugar or bits of food.
- Steer clear of processed cereals – There’s likely more sugar in processed cereals than you are aware of, which is why it’s so important to read the labels re: serving size and nutrition. Steel cut oats, bran, or oatmeal are much healthier and satisfying choices. They’ll keep you full longer, too!
- Limit treats and other sugary foods – the holidays usually mean more squares, cookies, candies, and chocolate. Of course you don’t want to avoid everything (that would take a LOT of will power), but try your best to eat as few as possible.
- Choose nuts – Nuts are a great option instead of other junk food, like chips and dip, because they are full of protein and nutrients that assist in tooth and gum health…plus, they don’t stick to your teeth!
- Cheese please! – Who doesn’t love cheese, right? In addition to tasting great, it’s full of calcium and balances out the pH in your mouth which protects your enamel from acidic food and drink.
- Drink lots of water – It’s calorie-free, protects your teeth, doesn’t stain, is refreshing, super hydrating, and rinses your teeth!
Start 2021 with a healthy smile! Call us to book an appointment today: 604-593-8201.
<< Previous post Next post >>