Don’t Procrastinate When it Comes to Your Oral Health
Have you ever been in a position where you feel like something is off with your body, but then you spend a little too much time on Google self-diagnosing to the point where you are scared to get checked out? Well, that is pretty much the worst thing you can do. You NEED to make yourself a priority and put yourself first, especially if you feel like something is off to prevent it from getting worse.
And this isn’t only when it comes to going to the doctor. It includes your oral health too! Many people are actually surprised to know that your oral health can negatively affect the rest of your body too.
If you have any of these issues, please book an appointment to see your dentist asap:
- Any type of oral pain, sores, or spots
- Difficulty chewing or swallowing
- Chronic bad breath, which is also affecting your mental well-being (confidence and self-esteem)
- Bleeding or puffy gums after you brush or floss
- Chipped, cracked, or broken teeth
- If you feel like something is off with your filling, dental implants, or crowns
- If your dentures are uncomfortable or not fitting properly
- If your jaw pops or hurts when chewing, opening, and closing
Please note, it is also important to have a close relationship with your dental clinic if any of the following apply to you:
- If you smoke or use chewing tobacco – you are at more risk for oral cancer
- If you are undergoing medical treatment such as chemotherapy or radiation
- If you suffer from diabetes, an eating disorder, heart disease, or if you are HIV positive
- If you are pregnant – don’t shy away from the dentist during these nine months
And regardless if you have any of the above issues or not, everyone must see their dentist every six months for a regular cleaning and checkup to keep things in check and prevent problems from developing.
If you are located in Surrey, we would love to have you as a patient at Healthy Smiles Family Dentistry. Call us to book an appointment for you or your whole family today: 604-593-8201.