Invisalign in Surrey
What is Invisalign?
Clear, removable Invisalign aligners make orthodontic treatment more comfortable and faster than traditional wire-and-bracket braces. Think of them as “invisble braces”. With Invisalign, a patient receives custom-crafted acrylic aligners that apply gentle pressure to shift teeth into proper position. Every two weeks, a new aligner is worn, and total treatment time is usually only 12 months or less.
Who Needs Invisalign?
As an Invisalign provider, Dr. Chohan offers this treatment to teens and adults with mild to moderate misalignment issues. Most adults whose teeth have relapsed after orthodontic treatment earlier in life make good Invisalign patients. Benefits of treatment include:
- Inconspicuous appearance
- Removable, making eating and hygiene easy
- Short treatment time, compared with traditional braces
- Invisalign Teen comes with up to six replacement aligners
- Invisalign Teen comes with a blue indicator that reveals whether the aligners are being worn the appropriate amount of time each day
- No painful tightening appointments
- No poking wires and brackets
- No attachment to teeth, which reduces the potential for tooth enamel damage and discoloration
- Cost is comparable to or less expensive than traditional orthodontics
- Cost may be covered, in part, by insurance if traditional orthodontics is covered
What to Expect at an Invisalign Appointment
First, Dr. Chohan will need to determine whether you’re a good candidate for Invisalign. In some cases, traditional braces are a better choice. She will take x-rays and conduct an oral health exam. To begin treatment, a series of aligners will be designed by special software. Then, the aligners will be ordered from an Invisalign lab. You will wear each aligner for about two weeks, then discard it and wear the next aligner in your series. Every six weeks or so, plan to visit Dr. Chohan for a progress check. If you wear your aligners 22 hours a day, treatment should progress as planned.
What to Expect Following Invisalign Treatment
After a full course of Invisalign treatment, your teeth will be in proper alignment. They should be straight, attractive, and easy to floss. You will need to wear your retainer as directed to keep your teeth aligned long term.
Book a Consultation for Invisalign in Surrey Now!
Call us to book a consultation today if you are interested in getting beautiful, straight teeth with Invisalign™ clear braces. You may also be interested in our other cosmetic dental services including porcelain veneers, SpaDent teeth whitening or at-home teeth whitening.
Our dental office serves patients from Surrey, Delta, White Rock, Langley, and surrounding communities.